Thanksgiving will be here soon, so it is time to think about food. I love to make recipes ahead of time, so I can do less cooking and have more time to enjoy family on the big day. I found an easy Make-Ahead Mashed Potato Recipe that is perfect for such occasions.
Here is the printable recipe. Enjoy!
Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- 10 Large Potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 8 oz pk cream cheese softened
- 6 Tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 or 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onion I used one tablespoon
- Paprika to sprinkle on top
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle; cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a bowl; mash. Add sour cream, cream cheese, 4 tablespoons butter, onion and salt; stir until smooth and the cream cheese and butter are melted. Spread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter; drizzle over the potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate or bake immediately, covered, at 350° for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 20 minutes longer. If potatoes are made ahead and refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.