Well, here we are again. The beginning of my favorite time of year. Yep, you guessed it fall! Fall may take a bit longer to get to us here in NC, but it is coming. With fall comes apple season. Every fall, I like to try at least one new fall recipe. Today I am going to share an older recipe with you, Applesauce. This recipe is so easy and equally delicious.
Fresh Easy Applesauce
- 12 Large apples peeled and coarsely chopped. about 6.5 pounds
- 1 cup Sugar add more to taste
- sprinkle Cinnamon to taste I used a couple of sprinkles to taste
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced
- Bring all ingredients to a light boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring often for 25 to 30 minutes, or until apples are tender and juices thicken.
- Remove and discard lemon slices.
- Serve warm, or let cool to room temperature (about 2 hours).
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Here are a few must-have items to help you with this recipe. I found them on Amazon.
(I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you buy anything on Amazon using my link, I will get a tiny percent of the sale with no added cost to you…Thanks!)