I love a good muffin. I especially love a nice moist muffin. I had selected a muffin recipe that declared it was one of the best moist muffins out there and I could not wait to try the recipe and share it with you. Well, I did make the recipe and there were many steps and I was extremely disappointed with the outcome. First off they did not even look good. Second, they were dry and a bit flavorless. Sadly I have no muffin recipe to share with you. What I thought I would do is share a few muffin tips so let’s get started.
- Don’t over mix your muffins or they will become tough. When combining dry ingredients with liquid ingredients, stir only until the mixture is combined. The batter may still be lumpy. A wooden spoon is recommended rather than a mixer.
- In most cases fill your muffin cups about 3/4 full unless told otherwise by the recipe.
- Your eggs, butter, and milk should be at room temp. This aids in making your muffins light and fluffy.
- Add a bit of flour to your add-in ingredients such as nuts and berries. This helps prevent the add-ons from sinking to the bottom of the muffin cup.
- Freeze your baked muffin to enjoy later. Before freezing let them come to room temp and then put them in a single layer in a freezer bag. Reheat them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and then enjoy!
So, there are just a few helpful hints to use when making muffins. As far as the ones I made they are edible but not good enough to add to my family cookbook. Do you have a favorite muffin recipe or a muffin helpful hint? I would love to know, just put it in the comment box.
Happy Baking Everyone!