I came across a photo of a strawberry spinach salad on Pinterest. After looking at the beautiful salad, I decided to make my own to enjoy. I wanted to modify the existing recipe, so I searched for a strawberry spinach chicken salad recipe on Google to see what I could find.
I decided to take a look at several recipes to see the salad ingredients to decide how I wanted to make my very good salad. I looked at the star rating of each salad, and if it ranked four or five out of five, I would read the recipe.
First off, you will need baby spinach. I like to get fresh spinach that is bagged and usually pre-washed. Next, I decided to use a red onion. Several different kinds of cheese were mentioned in the recipe. Feta cheese, goat cheese, and blue cheese were mentioned as options. You have several chicken options. I am going to go with the feta cheese. You can use leftover chicken, bake chicken just for this recipe using chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins or, as in my case, use rotisserie chicken. We can’t forget the fresh sweet strawberries.
The options given for protein in the recipes I read were chicken, salmon, and steak. Several choices came up as far as the proper dressing for this salad. You can make your own homemade dressing or buy a bottle of store-bought.
- Poppy seed dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Honey mustard Vinaigrette
I am going to go with the Poppy Seed Dressing.
Another fun thing to put on this salad would be nuts. Here are the nuts that I found used on most of the salads.
- Toasted Almonds
- Candied Pecans
- Candied Walnuts
Let’s Gather the Ingredients
Here is the printable recipe.
Easy Spinach Salad
- 5 oz Baby Spinach
- 2 Rotisserie Chicken Breasts chopped in 1/2" pieces
- 2 cups Thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 cup glazed pecans
- 1/4 small red onion sliced thin
- 5 oz feta cheese crumbled
- Poppyseed dressing
- Put pre-waste spinach in a salad bowl
- Top spinach with chicken or put in self serve bowl
- Top with sliced strawberries or put in self serve bowl
- Top with pecans or place in self serve bowl
- Top with onions or place in self serve bowl
- Crumble Feta Cheese over spinach or put in self serve bowl
- Top with poppy seed dressing to taste
- Serve with warm crusty bread
Happy Eating Everyone1